If you found the Dell Streak a bit big for your hands, the 4.1-inch Dell Venue smarpthone might be more suitable. We met this phone last week during the launch of the sleek Dell XPS 15z laptop and was surprised that it’s already out in the market with a Php19,150 price tag.
There’s nothing much to mull over the specs on the Dell Venue hence the reason they did not bother to announce this last year’s unit anymore here. It has a 4.1-inch screen on a single core 1GHz Qualcomm processor. There’s also a 1GB internal storage and an 8-megapixel autofocus camera. Aside from that, you will also be getting the old Froyo version of Android with the Gingerbread update still very much unknown.
The form of this phone reminds me of the Acer’s Liquid E with its chunky body and tapered sides. The whole front is made up mostly of glass and the chrome siding and even the textured back gives this phone all the fingerprint design it needs. If you like the size and the looks and not bothered by having last year’s OS with no upgrade in sight, by all means go for it.
Dell Venue Specs:
- 1 GHz Scorpion processor, Adreno 200 GPU, Qualcomm QSD8250 Snapdragon chipset
- Android OS, v2.2 (Froyo)
- 4.1-inch AMOLED Gorilla Glass display (480 x 800 pixels) with Dell Stage UI
- 512 MB RAM, 1 GB ROM, expandable up to 32GB microSD
- 8 MP, 3264×2448 pixels, autofocus, LED flash
- 720p HD video recording
- HSDPA, 7.2 Mbps; HSUPA, 5.76 Mbps
- Standard battery, Li-Ion 1400 mAh
- SRP: Php19,150