The Acer Aspire One D255 belongs to the new breed of netbooks powered by Intel’s latest Atom processor, the dual-core Atom N550.
Let’s give it to Acer for coming up with fun and colorful netbooks with the Aspire One D255. It comes in five colors with funky names like Sandstone Brown, Diamond Black, Ruby Red, Seashell White and Aquamarine. Aside from that, there’s also the Aspire One Happy line with four more colors in pastel to choose from.
As for the performance, the Intel Atom N550 dual-core processor gives these new netbooks quite an advantage from its single core siblings. It can process four threads at once with Intel Hyper-Threading and you can now view 720p HD videos smoothly with the Intel GMA 3150 integrated graphics with 64MB dedicated system memory.
For the differentiator, the Aspire One D255 features a Google Android OS as its instant-on secondary OS. It’s basically a stripped down version of Android 2.1 (Eclair) that will allow you to do common internet and computing tasks.
I also liked how they modified the power charger on this netbook. Gone are the bulky chargers that needs a separate cable. With the D255, it’s just like a bigger mobile charger. Space-saving and more easier to store.
Acer Aspire One D255 Specs:
- Intel Atom dual-core processor N550 (1MB L2 Cache, 1.5GHz, DDR2 667MHz, 8.5W)
- Genuine Windows 7 Starter
- 1GB DDR3 memory
- 10.1″ LED-backlit TFT LCD (1024 x 600)
- Intel GMA 3150 with 64MB dedicated system memory
- 250GB SATA HDD
- Acer InviLink Nplify 802.11 b/g/n
- 2-in-1 card reader
- 3x USB 2.0 ports
- External VGA port
- Bluetooth 3.0
- Acer CrystalEye Webcam with 1280 x 1024 resolution
- 4400 mAh 6-cell Li-ion battery for up to 8 hours batter life
- Dual Load OS with Android Instant On
- Multi-gesture touchpad
- 2.76 lbs.
- SRP: Php23,900