Finally. After all the waiting, LG Optimus 2X owners can upgrade their phone to Android 2.3 (Gingerbread). LG Philippines just announced today that the upgrade is now available for their dual-core Optimus 2X. Just go to your phones update settings to check for the update, hopefully you didn’t root your phone while waiting for this one.
Here’s how you can update your phone to Android 2.3 OS:
- Visit the LG Mobile homepage (http://www.lg.com/)
- On the map, choose your country
- Select “œSupport > Mobile Phone Support”
- Find the model number of your phone.
- Click on and install “œWINDOWS USB Driver”
- Click on “œSoftware Update” and execute the “œ.exe” file. The LG Mobile Support Tool will be installed automatically.
- Connect your smartphone to the PC using the USB Cable
- Click on “œStart Updating”. Note: The “œStart Updating” button will be activated only if there is new software available
- After completing the upgrade, unplug the phone.
LG Philippines also said that the update for their other premium phones, Black and Optimus 3D, is coming soon. Well they’ve been saying that since forever but with the Optimus 2X upgrade, that for the other two phones will be imminent.
Next step? Ice Cream Sandwich but that’s for next year. Have fun with your Gingerbread first. Hit the comments how your upgrade went and if there’s any noticeable difference.[LG Optimus PH]