Gaming fans, do you know where you need to be this weekend? How about at the “œMSI Overdrive 2012: e-Sports Intensified!“, a three-day gaming event to be held at the 4/F Annex Event Area of SM City North EDSA starting tomorrow, July 6. Not only will you be enjoying the gaming festivities but there’s also a cosplay show hosted by Alodia Gosiengfiao.
More than 400 competitive gamers will convene at MSI Overdrive as they fight for pride, glory and a slice of the Php 200,000.00 total’s worth of tournament prizes, in a grand event featuring some of the most popular game titles in the Philippines – namely DOTA (Defense of the Ancients), League of Legends, Crossfire, and Starcraft 2. The event will also host the largest local organized tournament of 2012’s most widely anticipated game, Diablo III.
At MSI Overdrive, for the first time ever, community-picked top players from opposing clans will pool their skills and create a Dream Team as they play ala NBA-style in friendly exhibition matches. In the end, there will only be one MSI Beat It! All-Star Games 2012 champion team for DOTA, LoL and SC2, respectively.
To be hosted by former MTV VJ, Eri Neeman a.k.a. Boy Back-up, the three-day festivities is packed with exciting activities for all types of enthusiast: an overclocking seminar, the rig modding display contest and seminar; as well as the i-Date K-Pop Dance Showdown.
The Cosplay Queen of the Philippines and gamers’ muse, Ms. Alodia Gosiengfao, will grace the MSI Overdrive Catwalk along with other Pinoy cosplayers on July 7. The performance of popular local band Spongecola will surely heat up the stage further. Furthermore, the presence of international-caliber e-Sports players namely SC2’s Rain and Byul and LoL’s LaMia and Pheilox, all from the MSI-supported Fnatic Team will put the Filipinos’ 100% passion for gaming to the test.
Freeplay will be offered during the event to showcase MSI’s range of gaming series laptops and the “œMSI Overdrive Desktop PC”. PC units powered by MSI Z77 motherboards will also be available for those who are in the market for the latest platform.
This excitement-filled weekend is also supported by SteelSeries, Aerocool, WD, Gameclub, Garena, Hero TV, PLDT myDSL, SM City North EDSA and CyberZone. Witness MSI expand its support for global eSports to the Philippines and its gamers!
MSI Overdrive 2012 Schedule of Events:
- Rig Modding Seminar – 1PM to 2PM
- DOTA WildCard Tournament – 1PM to 8PM
- MOA Overclocking Seminar – 2PM to 6PM
- Beat It! Battlefield 3 – 6PM to 10PM
- DOTA Tournament (stage area) – 11AM to 1PM
- CF Eliminations, LoL Matches, DOTA Tournament, Diablo 3 Media Tourney, Diablo 3 Beat It – 11AM to 6PM
- i-Date K-Pop Dance Showdown – 1PM to 2PM
- Cosplay with Alodia – 2PM to 3PM
- Diablo Tournament, Awarding Ceremonies – 3PM to 4PM
- Beat It! SC2 – 4PM to 5PM
- Beat It! LoL – 5PM to 6PM
- Beat It! DOTA – 6PM to 9PM
- SC2 Elimination Match – 6PM to 7PM
- Awarding Ceremonies – 9PM to 9:30PM
- DOTA Top 16 (stage area) – 10AM to 11AM
- DOTA Top 16, SC Top 4 (tournament area) – 10AM to 12NN
- LoL Finals (Games 1 and 2) – 11AM to 1PM
- SC2 Championship – 1PM to 2PM
- DOTA Group Stage Matches – 12PM to 3PM
- Crossfire Finals – 1:30PM to 4:00PM
- DOTA Top 4 – 4PM to 5PM
- Spongecola – 5PM to 5:30PM
- DOTA Finals (Games 1 to 3) – 5:30PM to 8:30PM
- Awarding Ceremonies – 8:30PM to 9PM