Eye health is one of the major concerns for a lot of people, especially those who are always working in front of the computer. In today’s digital world, almost everyone uses computers heavily. One of the most common problem is the Computer Vision Syndrome that is a result of long periods of exposure to computer monitors that causes headaches, blurred vision, redness and dryness of the eyes, eye fatigue and even myopia.
Last November 5, 2013, BenQ launched the Flicker-free line of monitors that reduce the risks of eyestrain while enhancing work productivity. Flickering, or the flashing effect of the monitor is the effect of the LED backlight controller adjusting to the changes in the brightness level. This strains the human eye as the ciliary muscle adjusts to the invisible flickering resulting to the abovementioned eye problems.
The new line of BenQ monitors feature a De-flickering Backlight Circuit Controller for zero-flicker viewing experience. Other ergo-related features of BenQ Flicker-free monitors include:
- Senseye Reading Mode, which gives a balanced contrast ratio and sharpness that is ideal for reading, stimulating reading actual books from a paperback print;
- Automatic Eye-Protect Sensor, which detects the ambient light and automatically adjusts the brightness level for optimized clarity;
- Height Adjustment Stand (HAS), which allows you to find the most appropriate viewing angle with the extensive height, tilt, pivot, stroke and swivel;
- The Smart Reminder, which reminds users to take breaks; and
- Anti-Glare Display, employing a matte-finished screen to help reduce the risks of eye strain further.
Conventional vs BenQ flicker-free monitors
General manager of the Technology Product Center of BenQ Peter Chen stressed out BenQ’s mission to "help create a better, healthier viewing experience" thus redesigning the controller to eliminate flickering and making a difference as a whole.