Distribution company IPSYSTEMS Inc has announced today the availability of new Bitdefender Total Security 2012 in Philippine retail computer stores such as Octagon Computer Superstores, Accent Micro, PC Express, PC Worx, Bodega Site, and others.
Bitdefender Total Security 2012 boasts a completely overhauled user interface with key new features such as social networking protection, an Autopilot mode and scan dispatcher to maintain system performance. It launches alongside sister products Bitdefender Internet Security 2012 and Bitdefender Antivirus Plus 2012.
Bitdefender’s new social networking security feature will filter and block social-networking specific e-threats by scanning the links users receive from friends on Facebook, whilst also monitoring and advising on privacy settings. This would be really useful to stop the spread of those irritating porn phishing links.
When in Autopilot mode, the product makes intelligent, optimal security-related decisions without input from the user. This means no pop-ups, no alerts, and nothing to configure after setup. Importantly, users can still easily access the dashboard to make their own in-depth decisions should they wish to do so.
Meanwhile, the scan dispatcher finds and uses time-slices when system resource usage falls below a certain threshold to perform recurring scans of the entire system. This way Bitdefender does not interfere with user-initiated actions and does not impact system responsiveness.
The range of new and improved features in Bitdefender Total Security 2012 also includes:
- New – Safebox – Online Backup & File Synchronization. Bitdefender Safebox monitors important files and instantly backs them up to a secure remote server whenever a change is detected. Backed up files become available to users’ other computers on which Bitdefender is installed. Bitdefender Total Security 2012 comes with 2GB of free storage.
- New – Rescue Mode. If e-threats, such as rootkits, cannot be removed from within the Windows operating system, the computer is re-booted in Rescue Mode-a trusted environment which is then used for cleanup and restoration.
- New – Virtualized Browser. Launches the browser in a Bitdefender-provided environment, isolating it from the operating system. This is done to prevent browser-based e-threats from exploiting vulnerabilities to gain control of the entire system.
- Improved – Flexible Interface. Drag and drop modules to get quick access to the actions you perform most often directly from the main window.
- Improved – Streamlined Installation. Bitdefender 2012 easily installs with just a few clicks, and in half the time required by the previous version.
- Anti-Virus 1PC 1YR – Php895
- Anti-Virus 3PC 1YR – Php1,595
- Internet Security 1PC 1YR – 1150
- Internet Security 3PC 1YR – 1995
- Total Security 1PC 1YR – 1595
- Total Security 3PC 1YR – 2795