Research In Motion (RIM) recently announced the availability of BlackBerry Enterprise Server Express for IBM Lotus Domino which is a free server software that wirelessly synchronizes email, calendar, contacts, notes and tasks between BlackBerry smartphones and IBM Lotus Domino.
BlackBerry Enterprise Server Express uses the same security architecture of the premium BlackBerry Enterprise Server, and includes more than 75 of the over 500 smartphone controls and IT security policies available with the premium version of BlackBerry Enterprise Server software.
“œBlackBerry Enterprise Server Express is a free download that is designed for businesses of all sizes. It provides an easy way for businesses to get started using BlackBerry smartphones with IBM Lotus Domino and it’s also an ideal no-cost software solution for businesses that want to allow their employees to connect their personal BlackBerry smartphones to their work email,” said Jeff McDowell, Senior Vice President, Enterprise and Platform Marketing at Research In Motion.
With BlackBerry Enterprise Server Express connected to IBM Lotus Domino, BlackBerry smartphone users will be able to:
- Wirelessly synchronize email, calendar, contacts, notes and tasks
- Manage email folders and search email on the mail server from their smartphones
- Book meetings and appointments, accept meeting requests, check availability and forward calendar attachments
- Set an out-of-office reply
- Access files stored on the company network
- Use mobile applications to access business systems behind the firewall
For IT administrators, BlackBerry Enterprise Server Express includes:
- A Web-based interface that allows remote administration and makes it easy to deploy applications over the air, connect and manage BlackBerry smartphones, and apply usage policies
- Over 75 IT controls and policies, including the ability to remotely wipe a smartphone and enforce and reset passwords
- Employee self-service tools for securing a lost or stolen device
BlackBerry Enterprise Server Express works with Domino Enterprise Server and Domino Messaging Server. It can support multiple Lotus Domino domain environments from a single Web-based administration interface and can be run in parallel with the premium BlackBerry Enterprise Server software for the same instance of IBM Lotus Domino.
For more info, please visit www.blackberry.com/besexpress.