BlackBerry formally launched the new BlackBerry Z10 in the Philippines last March 7 at White Space in Makati city. The Z10 is their first all touch smartphone powered by BlackBerry 10, their newest platform that they claim provides a new and unique mobile computing experience.
Cameron Vernest, country director for the Philippines headed the keynote address, enumerating the features of their flagship smartphone, saying that BlackBerry 10 offers a faster and smarter experience that continually adapts to you and that every feature, gesture and detail is designed to keep you moving.
We had our very first impressions with the BlackBerry Z10 here that you might want to check out. We also have highlights of the features of the BlackBerry 10 platform at the end of this article.
The Z10 is available in two colors (black and white) and features a 1.5 GHz dual core processor, 2GB of RAM, 16GB of internal storage with a memory card slot that supports up to a 64GB card. It has a high-density screen, a micro HDMI port, NFC (near field communications), and supports LTE as well.
If you want to get your hands on one, it’s expected to be available starting March 19 although you can also preorder it from authorized retailers by visiting buybb10.com. The BlackBerry Z10 has a suggested retail price of Php 29,990.
For more information about the Z10 smartphone, you can also visit the official product site at http://ph.blackberry.com/BlackBerryZ10.
Highlights from the Press Release
BlackBerry 10 is a robust and reliable platform that is smooth and responsive. It has a modern design and a gesture-based interface that is highly discoverable. It is designed to support, learn, and adapt to the way you work and share with features like:
- BlackBerry Hub, a single place to manage all your conversations whether personal or work email, BBM messages, social media updates or notifications, and the ability to “œpeek” into the BlackBerry Hub from anywhere, so you’re always only one swipe away from what matters to you.
- BlackBerry Flow, where the BlackBerry 10 experience excels by enabling features and apps to flow seamlessly together, helping you complete the task at hand effortlessly and efficiently. For example, you can tap on an attendee listed for a meeting to see their latest tweet or LinkedIn profile. Or tap the thumbnail of a picture you just took to launch the Picture editor and quickly apply a transformation or filter, then instantly share it with your contacts.
- A keyboard that understands and adapts to you, that learns what words you use and how you use them, then offers them up to you so you can type faster and more accurately.
- BBM (BlackBerry Messenger), which allows you to share things with the people that matter to you in an instant. BBM in BlackBerry 10 includes voice calling and video chat, and introduces the ability to share your screen with another BlackBerry 10 contact.
- BlackBerry Balance technology, which elegantly separates and secures work applications and data from personal content on BlackBerry devices.
- Time Shift, a camera feature that lets you capture a group shot where everyone is smiling with their eyes wide open. Story Maker, which lets you bring a collection of photos and videos together, along with music and effects, to produce an HD movie that you can instantly share.
- The new BlackBerry 10 browser, which sets the industry benchmark for HTML5 support on smartphones, is incredibly fast. Scrolling or zooming is fluid and responsive. The browser includes many advanced features, supports multiple tabs, lets you browse sites privately, includes a reader mode, and integrates with the platform for easily sharing content.
- BlackBerry Remember, which combines memos, tasks and much more into a single experience. It helps you organize and manage information you have on your smartphone around projects or ideas, letting you collect content such as websites, emails, photos, documents, and other files, and then like a To-Do list, lets you create tasks, assign due dates, and track your progress. If your BlackBerry 10 smartphone is set up with a work account, your Microsoft® Outlook® Tasks will automatically be wirelessly synced with BlackBerry Remember. If you have configured an Evernote account with your smartphone, BlackBerry Remember will sync Evernote workbooks as well.
- BlackBerry Safeguard technology that helps protect what is important to you, and the business you work for.
- Built-in support for Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync so your BlackBerry Z10 smartphone can be simply connected and managed as other ActiveSync devices in a company, or enabled with BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10 to gain secure access to work email, “œbehind the firewall” applications and data, and benefit from other security and enterprise mobility management features.
- The BlackBerry World storefront includes more than 70,000 BlackBerry 10 apps. In addition, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Foursquare apps for BlackBerry 10 are preinstalled, and BlackBerry 10 customers will have access to leading applications from across the globe. Leading application providers including Disney, Cisco, Foursquare, Skype and Rovio have committed to the platform.
|BlackBerry Z10 Specs:|
|4.2-inch LCD capacitive touchscreen, 768 x 1280, 355 ppi|
|Dual-core 1.5 GHz Qualcomm MSM8960 Snapdragon (Krait)|
|Adreno 225 GPU|
|BlackBerry 10 OS|
|16GB internal storage, microSD up to 32GB|
|8 MP autofocus rear camera with LED flash|
|2 MP 720p front camera|
|HSDPA 21 Mbps, HSUPA 5.76 Mbps; LTE|
|Bluetooth 4.0 with A2DP, NFC|
|Li-Ion 1800 mAh battery|
|130 x 65.6 x 9 mm|