Buffalo just announced two new AirStation Pro 802.11n PoE Wireless Access Points designed for professional deployments. These AirStation Pro wireless APs offer robust and secure dual band wireless networks with business-class features and the convenience of Power over Ethernet (PoE).
Power over Ethernet or PoE allows the device to be powered without an AC power source for easy installation and placement. By using a PoE switch, users can install the AP anywhere they can run an Ethernet cable, may it be high ceilings, drop ceilings, walls and other locations where power may not be available.
Buffalo’s AirStation Pro 802.11n Gigabit Dual Band PoE Wireless Access Point provides high performance 802.11n speeds and coverage, with selectable operation on one of two available bands, 2.4 GHz or 5 GHz.
The AirStation Pro 802.11n Gigabit Concurrent Dual Band PoE Wireless Access Point offers simultaneous operation on two concurrent bands for greater networking capacity and flexibility.
Aside from PoE, these wireless APs have the following features:
- Plenum-Rated Chassis: AirStation Pro APs feature plenum-rated chassis and multiple mounting options for greater flexibility in installation locations, enabling users to safely install these units above ceiling tiles.
- Multi-SSID / VLAN Tagging: Administrators can easily create multiple SSIDs with different security passphrases for easy network segmentation and added security. Network administrators can assign each SSID a VLAN tag to specify what network access that SSID receives.
- Wireless Distribution System: WDS allows users to easily extend coverage of their wireless network by interconnecting multiple access points. Easily bridge a WLAN spanning multiple buildings or expand coverage in a home to hard to reach locations.
- Removable Antennas: Easily add high gain antennas for longer range, wireless bridging or backhaul solutions. AirStation Pro APs use industry-standard RP-SMA connectors, compatible with readily available third-party solutions.
- 802.1X RADIUS Authentication Support: Provides enterprise-grade access restrictions, helping to keep unauthorized users out. By moving authentication to a backend RADIUS server, only specified and authorized wireless devices are permitted to connect to the wireless network.
Buffalo AirStation wireless access points are available through MSI-ECS Phils. Inc. For availability and pricing, you may reach them at 688-3180 or firstname.lastname@example.org.