One of the reason why some people are hesitant to move into the world of DSLRs is because these cameras look intimidating in black. Or well simply because they just don’t like their cameras black. Canon has a solution for that and it’s in the form of their latest entry-level DSLR, the EOS 1100D which they launched last week.
The Canon EOS 1100D is designed with novice users in mind who wants a more stylish DSLR with simpler controls yet still superior image output. Actually, too colorful makes a DSLR look toy-ish but with the way Canon made the red, brown and metallic gray 1100D, they still look very high-end.
Another feature of the EOS 1100D are its simple operations with redesigned layout controls which are now placed on the right side like your typical compact shooter. It also has a function called Basic+ to change photography terminologies with easier to understand terms like “œWarm”, “œVivid”, “œSoft” instead of dealing with “œcolor saturation” and “œwhite balance”.
There’s also a feature guide which acts like a built-in help explaining every mode and setting in the camera. Some point-and-shoot cameras have this feature that also suggests the ideal situations to use each settings so you get to use your DSLR and at the same time gain knowledge on how to use it.
This makes it easier for compact digital camera users to make the switch to a DSLR thereby foregoing the need to transition to prosumer cameras. I guess this is how an entry-level DSLR done right. You get the ease of use of a point-and-shoot and the power, interchangeable lens and image quality of a DSLR.
Canon EOS 1100D Specs:
- 12-megapixel APS-C size CMOS sensor
- DIGIC 4 image processor
- Advanced iFCL metering system w/ 63-zone dual-layer metering sensor
- Feature guide ““ displays a simple description or advice for respective function
- HD movie shooting and playback (720p@30fps)
- ISO 100-6400
- 30s ““ 1/4000 sec shutter speed
- SD card slot
- 2.7″³ LCD display w/ live view shooting (230k dots resolution)
- Colors: Red, Brown, Metallic Gray, ClassicBlack
- SPR: Php31,950 with EF-S 18-55mm IS II kit lens