Well would you look at that. Somebody’s busy handing out updates on their devices and that’s a good thing. A week after the Froyo update on the Nova, Cherry Mobile just recently released their Android 2.3.4 (Gingerbread) update for their 4-inch Magnum HD. That’s the benefit of not having a fancy UI.
Updating the Magnum HD is not done over the air but instead you need to download and place it into your SD card then run it from there.
- Download the software update.
- Extract the ZIP file.
- Rename FB0-318B-0-5019-A01.nb0 to firmware.nb0.
- Copy the file firmware.nb0 to your SD card. Make sure it is placed in the root folder (not saved in a folder)
Insert the SD card to your device.
- To enter bootloader mode, press and hold volume up + down + power buttons until you see the image of the Android
- Press “˜Home’key to show the update utility. Use the volume buttons to select the option “œDownload nb0 from SD card”.
- Press “˜back arrow’ to confirm.
- Upgrade will start. You can see the progress of the update while you wait.
Expect performance improvements when you run this update.
So any Magnum HD owners out there? Happy with your phone so far?[Cherry Mobile]