Better late than never for Cherry Mobile Nova users as they get the much-awaited Android 2.2 Froyo update. With this update, you can now install apps (those supporting App2SD) to the SD card to save valuable space from the phone’s limited internal storage.
The update is not done over the air (OTA) but instead you need to download and install Cherry Mobile’s Software Update Tool and manually update your phone.
- Extract the zip file on a folder in your PC.
- Run setup.exe
- Wait for the SUT set up wizard window to appear
- Click “˜Next’
- Select “˜Just me’ and click “˜Next’
- Click “˜Next’ to start the installation
- Click “˜Close’ to finish set up. Wait for the Software Update Tool to appear.
- Connect the phone to your PC via USB cable
- When the phone is connected, click “˜Next’
- Upgrade. You can see the progress of the update while you wait.
- Your Cherry Mobile Nova is now updated with the latest software.
You might lose the File Manager on your phone so just download one like Astro File Explorer from the Android Market again. If you’re wondering about the Gingerbread (Android 2.3) update, it’s still anyone’s guess as manufacturers (except for Samsung) are unwilling to upgrade their 600MHz phones past Android 2.2.
Thanks Jerylle for the tip![Cherry Mobile]