Cherry Mobile releases Flare update, fixes G-sensor among other things
Good news to all Cherry Mobile Flare users, here’s the software update that you’ve probably been waiting for. This update strictly for the 4-inch Flare will be fix the inaccurate G-sensor, add the missing FM Radio app, and allows auto-rotate for SMS.
To update your handset, Download the Flare Software Update (146MB) and do the following:
- Save the update file to the root of the SD card. Turn off the phone. Make sure phone is charged atleast 15%.
- Press and hold Power+volume Up for a few seconds. It will display first a green screen.
- Release the button after the screen shows a red display to show the Android sytem revocery.
- Select apply update from external storage’ and select the update file. Use volume keys to select and power key to confirm.
- The phone will update. After update is finish, select reboot system now.
Note: SD Card update will not erase multimedia files like photos. It will just erase saved application. It is also advisable to do Factory data reset after doing SD card update.
Do let us know if it worked for you or if you ran into any problems. Also check our review of the Cherry Mobile Flare.