Good news to all Cherry Mobile Flare users, here’s the software update that you’ve probably been waiting for. This update strictly for the 4-inch Flare will be fix the inaccurate G-sensor, add the missing FM Radio app, and allows auto-rotate for SMS.
To update your handset, Download the Flare Software Update (146MB) and do the following:
- Save the update file to the root of the SD card. Turn off the phone. Make sure phone is charged atleast 15%.
- Press and hold Power+volume Up for a few seconds. It will display first a green screen.
- Release the button after the screen shows a red display to show the Android sytem revocery.
- Select apply update from external storage’ and select the update file. Use volume keys to select and power key to confirm.
- The phone will update. After update is finish, select reboot system now.
Note: SD Card update will not erase multimedia files like photos. It will just erase saved application. It is also advisable to do Factory data reset after doing SD card update.[via Cherry Mobile] [Alternate download link via 4shared.com]
Do let us know if it worked for you or if you ran into any problems. Also check our review of the Cherry Mobile Flare.