Epson intros cost-effective eco-solvent-based printer
Epson recently introduced their first ever 64-inch eco-solvent wide format printer to use their proprietary Micro Piezo Thin Film Piezo (TFP) print head. This printer is ideal for the production of posters, signs, banners, backlit panels, vehicle wraps, exhibition displays, and more.
With the new SureColor SC-S30670 printer, Epson also launched a new set of eco-solvent inks – the cost-competitive four-ink Epson UltraChrome GS2. Combined with Epson’s advanced Look-Up Table (LUT) Technology and the superior Micro Piezo TFP print head, the printer produces high resolution, high quality and vibrant prints that are ideal for outdoor signage, wallpaper or advertising posters.
Epson SureColor SC-S30670 Key Features:
- Micro Piezo TFP Print head – The print head is re-engineered for extreme dot placement accuracy and helps the Epson SureColor SC-S30670 to achieve double print throughput compared to predecessor models using the older print head.
- Fast print speed – Using the high speed mode, the printer achieves an output of 720 x 720dpi (banner quality) at a rapid speed of 29.4m2 per hour, ideal for production of outdoor signage. For indoor posters where higher print quality is required, the printer is also able to deliver a 720 x 1440 dpi output (vinyl quality) at an efficient speed of 9.9 m2 per hour.
- Epson UltraChrome GS2 Ink – The newly engineered ink set builds on the strength of the Epson UltraChrome GS ink, resulting in a new yellow formulation with light-fastness for up to three years (1), three times the durability of the previous formulation. The environmentally-friendly eco-solvent ink set is odorless, nickel-free, and has significantly reduced harmful volatile organic compounds (VOC), which makes it safe to use in office / indoor environment.
- Low Total Cost of Ownership – The Epson SureColor SC-S30670 achieves high quality prints affordably with its four-color eco solvent ink set and advanced look-up-table technology (see below). With the extended two-year warranty, customers can also be assured that hardware repair costs will be covered within the first two years. The SureColor SC-S30670 also comes with an initial ink set bundle of 700ml per color, which is much higher than most bundled ink set that competitors offer. Also included in the starter’s pack is the free Onyx RIPCENTER software, which significantly reduces the user’s capital cost by hundreds of dollars.
- Advanced LUT Technology – Using a new and sophisticated LUT (Look-up Table) technology, the printer can achieve high levels of optimization in terms of smoother color gradation, grain reduction (especially for skin tones) and color consistency, ensuring that the print out looks consistent under different lighting conditions.
- Adobe Illustrator plug-in Software – For start up businesses, the software enables users to print from Adobe Illustrator CS5 files directly without needing to install the Rastor Image Processing (RIP) application, which results in significant cost savings. The free software (downloadable on Epson website) enables basic editing functions such as media setting and color management.
- Wide Range of Media Options – The Epson UltraChrome GS2 ink used by the printer works on virtually all standard coated or uncoated solvent media, including adhesive based vinyl, sign banner media and canvas media to produce fine art prints. This gives a lot of flexibility to users to lower their printing cost by choosing cheaper media to print on.
- New, Accurate Media Loading System – The new printer design comes with an Auto Tension Control system which ensures highly accurate paper feeding automatically. It also comes with a new lift lever which allows for easy loading and unloading of heavy roll media and simplifies the process to a one-man operation.
- Status notification system – A new and unique feature available in the Epson SureColor SC-S30670 is the status notification system which sends an email alert to the user to prompt print job completion, print errors and/ or ink depletion. The email alert can be configured for smart phones or tablet devices so that users need not constantly monitor the print status.
- LCD screen display and control panel – With the 2.5-inch color LCD screen display above the control panel, users can check printer settings and print status at a glance. The control panel also comes with additional shortcut buttons for maintenance check and heating/drying. In the case of printing errors, the alert lamp will flash and buzz to prompt the users.
- Energy Star certification – The Epson SureColor SC-S30670 is Energy Star certified for low power consumption during operation and standby mode, thereby reducing running cost and environmental impact.