Epson launches SureLab SL-D3000, their first inkjet-based dry photo lab
Epson recently launched its first inkjet-based dry photo lab – the Epson SureLab SL-D3000, which offers superior quality, low cost per print, improved flexibility and simpler maintenance for photo print service providers.
The new Epson SureLab SL-D3000 dry lab comes with the following key features:
- An ultra reliable, 1440 x 1440 dpi resolution capable Epson Micro Piezo print head
- A newly developed UltraChrome D6 ink set
- A sophisticated Look Up Table (LUT)
These features work together to deliver high-quality print production on glossy, matte, and luster media up to 12 inches (30.5cm) wide for producing professional photographs, greetings cards, invitations, flyers, panoramic landscapes, and promotional leaflets.
The new Epson UltraChrome D6 six-color ink set used by the system features high capacity 700ml cartridges and can achieve a wide color gamut that exceeds that of traditional silver halide, yielding prints that are vivid and lifelike with excellent black density. Enhanced tone gradation is achieved through advanced image processing; blue skies are brilliant, skin tones are subtle, and grey backgrounds are soft.
Environmentally-friendly - The power-efficient SureLab SL-D3000 uses significantly less energy than a wet lab, and does not need a water supply, air filter, or chemicals — reducing impact on the environment and the total cost of ownership. Further lowering the cost per print, the printhead and LUT are carefully configured to use ink economically while maintaining the best print quality.
Flexible operation – Precision rollers ensure accurate paper handling while an automatic nozzle check system ensures consistent, high quality output. The SureLab SL-D3000 also supports panoramic printing on gloss and high luster media. The system begins printing quickly without the need to warm-up chemicals, and can automatically move finished prints to an optional A4 job sorter. The only regular maintenance required is consumables replacement. The dual-roll model allows two different media types and/or two different roll widths to be loaded simultaneously for versatility and improved productivity. A single-roll configuration will also be available.
Ease of use – The Epson SureLab SL-D3000 actively monitors performance and provides direct feedback to the operator. A simple front panel enables operation of key features while PC software provides advanced options and intelligent help. The SL-D3000 has been designed for operation within a studio environment. It requires minimal periodic maintenance and service support. On-screen support helps guide operators through problems and cleaning is undertaken through the insertion of a simple cleaning sheet.
Ergonomic designed – For placement flexibility and easy installation, the SL-D3000 has wheels for easy mobility and a small footprint for studios that have limited floor space. All key functions, consumable loading, and output delivery ports are at the front. It can be positioned in a corner to save space, as it is operated from two adjacent sides, and can be operated as a stand-alone device with direct PC connect or via a Print Server.
Epson SureLab SL-D3000 key features:
- 6-colour, compact digital dry photo lab for high-quality photo production
- Prints on glossy, luster and matte paper at up to 12 inches (30.5cm ) wide
- New Epson professional UltraChrome D6 ink-set (C,M,Y,K,Lc,Lm)
- Resolution of up to 1440 x 1440dpi
- Produces up to 650 4x6inch (10.2 x 15.2cm) prints per hour
- Supports roll media from 4 to 12 inches (10.2 to 30.5cm) wide
- Dual-roll model allows two different media types and/or two different roll widths to be loaded
- Optional A4 job sorter for convenient automatic job collection
- Easy to operate – virtually no maintenance required except consumables replacement
- Convenient, power-efficient printing with no chemicals
- Can be positioned in a corner and operated from two adjacent sides
- Small footprint and wheels for convenient installation