Gingerbread update for LG Optimus Black now out!
Finally what every LG Optimus Black users are waiting for, the Android 2.3 Gingerbread update is finally out. You can get your update once you hook up your Optimus Black to your PC and run the LG PC Suite.
The LG Optimus Black is one of those really nice phones that’s been hampered by an outdated OS which LG promised to update since last year. Now it’s here and according to LG, the Android 2.3.4 update will give the Optimus Black the following:
- Improved power management
- Enhanced mobile gaming experience
- Improved UI to enable faster access and control and a more intuitive user experience
- One-touch word selection and copy/paste:
- Better Download management
- Support for new media formats such as AAC, AVC, MPEG 4 and H.263
- New features and other improvements: active app management, shortcuts, widgets, icons, app groups, updated calendar options, camera geotagging, better email synching and more precise camera auto-focus.
- App updates and pre-loaded Google+ app
Better late than never for LG but people are now clamoring for the Ice Cream Sandwich which LG said will be available in Q3 of 2012. Still a long wait but at least it’s coming to the phone.
If you’re done with the upgrade, do tell us how’s your Gingerbread LG Optimus Black treating you.
Thanks Roi for the tip!