We were able to get a short hands-on with HTC’s newest Android phone in the market, the HTC Wildfire. It’s the super-upgraded version of the HTC Tattoo and already runs on Android 2.1 (Eclair) with capability to upgrade to 2.2 later this year.
There’s a 5 megapixel camera at the back with a built-in LED flash beside it.
Here is the HTC Wildfire side-by-side with the HTC Desire.
HTC Wildfire Specs:
- Qualcomm MSM 7225 528MHz processor
- Android™ 2.1 (Éclair) with HTC Sense™
- 3.2” QVGA Capacitive touch screen (240 x 320) with pinch-to-zoom capability
- 384MB RAM, 512MB ROM with up to 32GB microSD support
- WiFi 802.11 b/g
- Bluetooth 2.1 w/ A2DP
- 3G/HSDPA 7.2 Mbps
- 5MP autofocus camera w/ LED flash
- FM Radio with RDS
- GPS w/ aGPS support
- 1300mAh Li-Ion battery
- SRP: Php15,500
We heard from the distributor that the retail price of Php15,500 might be increased to around Php17,500 soon. So if you really want to have this phone, better act fast.
Check out Yugatech’s First Impressions on the Wildfire.