IBM just announced a range of new software solutions that will help customers create software applications faster and with higher quality across multiple development environments including cloud, mobile and complex systems.
IBM is introducing a new version of its integrated software Collaborative Lifecycle Management (CLM) solution with extended design management capabilities. CLM is built on IBM’s open development platform, Jazz and brings together IBM Rational Requirements Composer, IBM Rational Team Concert, and IBM Rational Quality Manager in one easy-to-install and easy-to-use solution. The new CLM software ensures that software design is integrated with the rest of the software application development lifecycle. Development teams are then able to seamlessly collaborate on the design and development of software with key stakeholders from across the business.
In a typical organization, it may take weeks or months to deliver a development change, due to infrastructure and configuration, testing and manual deployment, and lack of collaboration between development and operations teams. Continuous software delivery in the cloud allows customers to continuously and automatically deliver changes across the enterprise software delivery lifecycle, spanning development, application testing and operations.
With a “œDevOps” approach in the Cloud, customers can reduce time to market and automate changes in development, test and production. IBM is supporting cloud delivery, development and operations with new solutions, including:
- IBM Rational solution for Collaborative Lifecycle Management on IBM SmartCloud Enterprise provides an agile cloud computing infrastructure as a service (IaaS) well suited for development and test that is designed to provide rapid access to secure, enterprise-class virtual server environments.
- The IBM SmartCloud Application Services pilot provides a pay-as-you-go service that coordinates activities across business and system requirements, design, development, build, test and delivery.
- IBM SmartCloud for Government development and test platform as a service delivers industry-leading Rational tools for government agencies in a highly scalable, elastic computing environment for agencies that want the cost savings of a shared cloud environment combined with Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA) security.
- IBM SmartCloud Continuous Delivery managed beta via a hosted sandbox in the cloud, provides an hands-on-experience of DevOps capabilities enabling accelerated code-to-deploy through automation, standardization repeatable processes and improved coordination and visibility among dev, test and Ops teams.http://www.ibm.com/tivoli/apm
- IBM SmartCloud Application Performance Management software provides comprehensive monitoring and management capabilities that enable development and operations professionals reduce costly troubleshooting and free resources to focus on developing new innovations and services for customers. With this tighter integration, application issues can be found and resolved faster, but also proactively prevented to avoid future service disruption.
IBM Rational CLM has also been extended to the IBM Mobile Foundation platform for centralized code sharing and distributed mobile application development. Currently, fragmentation of mobile devices, tools, and platforms complicate delivery of mobile applications that typically have faster time-to-market and more frequent releases. The IBM Enterprise Mobile Development solution helps teams apply an end-to-end lifecycle management process to design, develop, test and deploy mobile applications while enabling seamless integration with enterprise back-end systems and cloud services through mobile-optimized middleware.