LG unveiled a new smartphone on its home turf today. Aptly named the Band Play, it lives up to its moniker as it sports a 1-watt speaker to provide rich, quality sound alongside its internals — a five-inch display, a 13-megapixel rear camera, and a Snapdragon processor with accompnaying 2GB of RAM. It runs on Android Lollipop out of the box, and is said to to sport a 2300mAh removable battery.
LG Band Play specs
- 5-inch HD IPS display, 720 x 1280, 294ppi
- 64-bit quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 410 processor
- 2GB LPDDR3 RAM
- 16 GB Internal Storage
- expandable via microSD
- 13MP rear camera with laser auto-focus, LED Flash
- 5MP wide-angle camera
- 4G LTE, 3G HSPA+
- Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS with A-GPS and GLONASS, NFC
- Android 5.1 Lollipop
- 2300mAh removable battery
- 139.7Ã—71.9Ã—8.3mm, 126g
Available in black and white colors, the LG Band Play will retail in South Korea for 394,800 KRW or roughly Php 16,050 when directly converted, and it is said to come with a free pair of QuadBeat 3 headphones. Availability on other markets has not been announced, and we’ll keep you posted once we get updates.