Earlier on a product launch LG announced that their latest full touchscreen phone, the LG KP500 or LG Cookie, is already available for a very afforadable price of Php11,900. That’s not a typo. It’s a full touchscreen phone for less than Php12,000! The timing can’t be better.
But before you rush to get one, here’s a rundown of its features:
- GSM Quad-band phone capable of global roaming
- Slim and attractive form factor (smaller, slimmer and lighter than the iPhone)
- 3″ TFT display (240×400) with only 256k colors (ugghh, wish they made it 16 million)
- Active Flash UI, Accelerometer and Handwriting Recognition (there’s a stylus cleverly hidden at the base)
- QWERTY keyboard in landscape mode
- Decent, loud speakers for MP3 playing
- 3 MP camera
- FM Radio
- 48MB internal memory but with expandable slot for up to 8GB microSD (not included)
- 3.5 hrs. talk time but 350 hrs. standby
- No WiFi or 3G (you’re gonna be stuck with EDGE/GPRS)
- Bluetooth and USB 2.0 (no IR)
- Available in 4 colors: Black, Vandyke brown (looks dark red), Anodizing silver, Elegant gold
Even though it’s not close to perfect, I think this one’s a winner. It’s not complicated to use since it’s simply a basic phone. The UI is pretty well thought-of and you might really enjoy using and discovering things you can do with it. I just wish they upped the colors to 16 million to make it really attractive.
I know only a handful of people who uses their phone as a 3G device or an internet browser so the lack of WiFi and 3G won’t be much of a factor. It really looks stylish and classy and would make a nice upgrade on your basic phone. Might make a nice gift for your dad this Christmas.
Calvin is a blogger who’s working as an IT consultant and blogs for a hobby. He has his own personal blog, Calvin’s Hub, where he writes about his thoughts on just about everything that interests him.