Filipino netizens agreed on standard Twitter hashtags to coordinate news, updates, rescue and relief efforts relating to Typhoon Yolanda. This will be of help for people using or heavily relying on social media for information as hashtags now cut across different online social networks.
For a quick reference of the standard hashtags, please refer below:
- #ReliefPH – Rescue Coordination
- #RescuePH – Urgent Rescue Needed
- #SafeNow ““ Resolved #RescuePH
- #FloodPH – Damage Reporting
- #TracingPH – Report Missing People
- #YolandaPH – Media storm coverage
The hashtags, if used properly, can help facilitate exchange of information relevant and significant to those who seek information about this tragedy. As a courtesy, do refrain from using the hashtags out of their supposed functions so messages and updates are effectively tracked.