My PLDT DSL Downgrade Experience
Interested to learn how to downgrade your existing PLDT DSL line? Ok, Heres how it goes:
1. Call up 171 and follow the voice instructions to get to the DSL section
2. Request for a downgrade from the PLDT agent
3. PLDT agent refers your request to your local PLDT area office, This may take as much as a week so plan in advance especially if your cycle billing date is approaching.
4. A PLDT local office representative will call you up regarding your request. Also you will also need to agree to be locked in for the downgrade plan you chose for 1 year.
5. It will take around 5 working days to completely process your request, you may or not experience minimal downtime. I’m assuming that for the vast majority of users NO HARDWARE CHANGES are necessary as only PLDT needs to do their adjustments internally.
Note that PLDT didnt call me up when the transition was completed and had to verify that my line was indeed downgraded by calling 172 (PLDT’s DSL Tech support).
I am writing this as PLDT has just completed their downgrade of my 3 year old Professional MyDSL line to the 999 Plan and it looks solid so far. The main reason i delayed my downgrade to the 999 PLDT DSL plan is because i thought that, because of the cheap price, quality wasnt that good.
So how is the quality of my PLDT DSL 999 line? So far, i have played World of Warcraft and local MMO’s, downloaded through bittorrent and emule, done my usual uploads for my blogs and work and i didnt even notice the difference.
Disclaimer: The steps listed above may or not apply to your situation. While i think PLDT wont deviate too much from the steps listed above to get your DSL line downgraded, its a good idea to double check with whoever you are talking to at PLDT. Performance benchmarks will also vary from location to location and will also be subject to line quality and hardware specs.