Following the success of its E72, Nokia has announced the availability of another E-series business-oriented phone, the Nokia E5. It is quite similar to the E72 with its QWERTY keyboard and landscape display and also offers the same utilities but the E5 is considerably cheaper.
The Nokia E5 look like a plain E72 from the outside. The buttons are the same but they lack the elegant style elements of the E72. On the inside however, it’s is also powered with the same ARM 11 600MHz processor and also has the same 5-megapixel camera with built-in LED flash.
The E5 still has the comprehensive push email services for your corporate (Microsoft Mail for Exchange and IBM Lotus Notes Traveller) and consumer (Ovi Mail, Yahoo! Mail, Gmail and Windows Live Hotmail) email accounts. It also supports consumer IM (Yahoo Messenger, GTalk and Nokia Ovi Chat) as well as corporate IM (Microsoft Office Communicator). You can browse both the internet and the intranet and read and edit Microsoft documents.
For a cheaper E72, it is not hard to recommend the Nokia E5. It is now available for Php14,950.
Nokia E5 Specs:
- System: GSM/EGSM 850/900/1800/1900
- Processor: ARM 11, 600 MHz
- OS: Symbian v9.3 S60 3rd Edition
- Display: 2.4″ QVGA (320 X 240)
- Camera: 5 megapixel with LED flash
- Weight: 126g
- Standby time: 3G: 670h, GSM: 635h
- Talk time: 3G: 5.5h, GSM: 12h
- Memory: Built-in 250MB with support of up to 32GB via microSD
- Connectivity: WLAN, 3G HSUPA, GPRS, Bluetooth 2.0
- Additional Features: Full QWERTY keypad, FM Radio
- Colors: Black, Copper Brown, Silver, Sky Blue, White
- Price: Php14,950