I first wrote about PLDT & Smart’s Pwede card in May. I wrote about how I like the idea of loading the card almost *anywhere* in the Philippines through any nearby Smart reloading stall.
Now a darkside of the Pwede card is slowly manifesting itself …
Users left comments on Technobiography of how the Pwede Card has many un-expected changes from the regular telesulit/teletipid service.
Below, I summarize what you *can’t* do with the Pwede card, as described by users:
- Some ISP’s dial-up numbers are blocked
- Need to have a minimum of P30 to make an outgoing call. P30 expires in three days!
- If you do not load for the next 30 days, phone will be disconnected
- You can’t reload a telesulit card once the phone reaches zero balance
- PLDT has stopped production of teletipid/telesulit cards (un-confirmed – ka Ed)
Telepwede users aren’t happy. One Pwede user is even contemplating filing a lawsuit against PLDT/Smart.
Any more stories from other users? Any clarifications from PLDT/Smart? They’re all welcome here …
napakasakit, kuya edong ….