Razer announces new Naga gaming mouse for lefties
According to Scientific American, about 15% of humans are left-handed [Source]. This means, there’s a niche market for left-handed gamers. If you’re left-handed and happen to subscribe to Razer CEO and Chief Gamer Min-Liang Tan’s Facebook page, he promised gamers that if his post reached 10,000 “Likes” before April 21 the company would make a left-handed Razer Naga.
“That Facebook post generated more buzz than we could’ve ever imagined, which proves that there have been a number of gamers that have had their needs ignored for some time,” said Tan. “We pride ourselves on being gamers ourselves, and we all know that there is no substitute for gaming with your dominant hand.”
Razer said that the community is a huge part of the company, that’s why they have a dedicated team of community specialists that monitor their Facebook Page and Twitter accounts, and share the feedbacks on what could be their next product.
Here are the features on the Left-handed Naga:
- 17 MMO-Optimized buttons – Program up to thousands of different in-game commands.
- Maximum Comfort for long gaming sessions – Game for DAYS with the Razer Naga’s ergonomic design, optimized for easy access to every button.
- Custom interface AddOns for MMO games – Organize your skills and eliminate visual clutter with Razer Naga’s in-game custom interface AddOns (available for World of Warcraft™ and Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning™, and more).
- 5600dpi Razer Precision 3.5G Laser Sensor
- 1000Hz Ultrapolling™ / 1ms response time
- 200 inches per second max tracking speed
- Zero-acoustic Ultraslick™ mouse feet
- 17 MMO-optimized buttons (including 12 button thumb grid)
- Optional MMO-specific software AddOns
- Unlimited character profiles with AddOns
- Approximate Size : 116 mm / 4.57” (Length) x 70 mm / 2.76” (Width) x 46 mm / 1.81” (Height)
- Approximate Weight: 134 g / 0.30 lbs
Razer became the first company to offer a left-handed gaming mouse two years ago, when the company announced its DeathAdder Left-Hand Edition. Proving that it’s still serious about serving the need of its legions of left-handed users, Razer’s latest Naga is only the second professional-grade gaming mouse designed specifically for left-handed users – and Razer makes both of them.