Despite the inclement weather brought by Pedring, BlackBerry enthusiasts from media, showbiz and tech industry were BOLD enough to attend the much-awaited BlackBerry 7 Launch last night, Sept.26, 2011 at the Ayala Museum in Makati.
The latest BlackBerry Bold 9900 was unveiled and is expected to be available in the market by the 7th of October for Php31, 690. With that price, you get a 24-month warranty if you buy from authorized carriers and retail stores.
BlackBerry Bold 9900 Specs:
- 2.8″ high-resolution multi-touch display (640×480 pixel resolution at 287ppi)
- BlackBerry 7 OS
- 8GB on-board, expandable up to 40GB via microSD
- 5MP camera, flash, image stabilization, 720p HD video recording
- Integrated GPS and assisted GPS ready
- 802.11 2.4GHz b/g/n, 5GHz a/n
- Tri-Band UMTS/HSPA, Quad Band GSM/GPRS/EDGE
Two other BlackBerry 7 models were also introduced that night. The full touch-screen Torch 9860 and the smaller and much-improved Curve 9360, which is said to be the best-selling smartphone in our country according to Hastings Singh, RIM VP for South Asia.
SRP and official release dates for the Torch 9860 and Curve 9360 is yet to be announced but we’ll keep you posted once we have them.