Samsung Galaxy SII officially launched, unlocked units out on July
Just came back from a Samsung event (expect a lot of Samsung news for my upcoming posts) where they launched the Samsung Galaxy SII and their new Galaxy Tab line.
Anyway, I found out from a Samsung rep that the dual-core Galaxy SII won’t be exclusive to Globe as originally reported. Globe will be the first telco that can bundle it with their plan (HSPA+ included) on the 27th but for those who can wait a bit more, like 5 days, Samsung will also ship the unlocked units. Yeah, open-line Samsung Galaxy SII should be available in stores on July 2.
The Samsung Galaxy SII will retail for Php29,990 but there’s also a way you can get discounts and free accessories for online pre-ordering (more info) which will also net you the unlocked phone by the way. Then there’s also Globe’s My SuperSurf Plan 3799 where you can get the unit for free.
You probably know the specs and features of this phone already but I’ll just list it down here again.
Samsung i9100 Galaxy S II specs:
- 4.3-inch Super AMOLED Plus @ 480×800 pixels
- Gorilla Glass display
- Dual-core 1.2GHz ARM Cortex-A9 proccessor
- Mali-400MP GPU, Orion chipset
- 16GB/32GB storage, 1 GB RAM
- up to 32GB via microSD, 8GB included
- HSDPA 21 Mbps, HSUPA 5.76 Mbps
- Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, DLNA, WiFi Direct, WiFi hotspot
- 8MP autofocus camera w/ LED Flash
- Stereo FM radio with RDS
- GPS with aGPS support
- Bluetooth 3.0 + HS
- 1080p @ 30fps HD video recording
- 2MP front-facing camera for video calls
- TV-out (via MHL A/V link)
- MP4/DivX/XviD/WMV/H.264/H.263 player
- Li-Ion 1650mAh battery
- Android 2.3 Gingerbread