If you can’t wait for the Google Nexus 7-inch tablet and its Jelly bean goodness, then maybe the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 and its price could be the next best thing for you.
The Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 is not much different from their earlier Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus. It has the same 7-inch PLS LCD Display at 1024 x 600 resolution and same ports and features. Probably the glaring difference between the two is the 1GHz dual-core TI OMAP processor (same used on the BlackBerry PlayBook, LG Prada 3.0, and Amazon Kindle Fire) instead of the Plus’ 1.2GHz dual-core Exynos chip. This one also runs on Android Ice Cream Sandwich which users are saying far more responsive and better user experience than the Plus 7.0’s Honeycomb OS.
Just like the Plus 7.0, the Tab 2 7.0 also has a 3.2-megapixel camera capable of 720p HD recording. There’s also a front VGA cam available for video chatting. You will get 16GB internal storage from this tablet with a microSD slot for expanded storage.
Samsung Philippines recently announced on their Facebook page the availability of this which starts at P12,990 for the WiFi version and P16,990 for the 3G version. If you want a bigger tablet, the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 is also available for P22,990.
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 Specs:
- 7.0″ 16M-color PLS TFT capacitive touchscreen of WSVGA resolution (1024 x 600 pixels)
- TI OMAP 4430 chipset: Dual-core 1GHz processor, PowerVR SGX540 GPU
- Android 4.0.3 Ice Cream Sandwich with TouchWiz UX UI
- Optional quad-band GPRS/EDGE and tri-band HSPA connectivity (HSDPA, 21 Mbps; HSUPA, 5.76 Mbps)
- 1GB of RAM, 16GB internal storage, microSD up to 64GB
- 3.2 MP camera, 2048×1536 pixels, geotagging
- VGA front-facing camera
- 720p HD video recording @ 30 fps
- Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n Wi-Fi Direct, dual-band, Wi-Fi hotspot
- Stereo Bluetooth v3.0
- GPS with A-GPS support; digital compass
- Accelerometer and proximity sensor; three-axis Gyroscope sensor
- 4000 mAh Li-Po rechargeable battery
- 3.44 g
- SRP: Php12,990