Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 launched, starts at just Php12,990
If you want a quality Android Ice Cream Sandwich tablet without going over the budget, the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 might be your best bet, with its 7-inch WiFi-only version retailing for just Php12,990.
For those who are confused about the myriad of tablets Samsung is launching year after year, here’s the lowdown of the current lineup according to a Samsung rep. The Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus launched early this year is now discontinued and replaced by the budget-friendly 7-inch version of the Galaxy Tab 2. For a more premium tablet, there’s still the Galaxy Tab 7.7. For a bigger version, the Galaxy Tab 2 also comes in a 10-inch size.
We’ve talked about the Galaxy Tab 2 compared to the Tab 7.0 Plus before but here’s the gist if you missed it.
The Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 is not much different from their earlier Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus. It has the same 7-inch PLS LCD Display at 1024 x 600 resolution and same ports and features. Probably the glaring difference between the two is the 1GHz dual-core TI OMAP processor (same used on the BlackBerry PlayBook, LG Prada 3.0, and Amazon Kindle Fire) instead of the Plus’ 1.2GHz dual-core Exynos chip. This one also runs on Android Ice Cream Sandwich which users are saying far more responsive and better user experience than the Plus 7.0′s Honeycomb OS.
Just like the Plus 7.0, the Tab 2 7.0 also has a 3.2-megapixel camera capable of 720p HD recording. There’s also a front VGA cam available for video chatting. You will get 16GB internal storage from this tablet with a microSD slot for expanded storage.
Samsung can’t comment yet when the Tab 2 will get the Jelly Bean update but they’re confident that it will be updated when ready. By the way, the Galaxy Tab 2 has been out in the market since early this month.
The GALAXY Tab 2 comes in 3 models in black or white color: the GALAXY Tab 2 7.0” WiFi with a suggested retail price (SRP) of Php12,990, the GALAXY Tab 2 7.0” 3G+WiFi with an SRP of Php16,990, and the GALAXY Tab 2 10.1” 3G+WiFi with an SRP of Php21,990 which is way cheaper than the old 10-inch Galaxy Tabs.
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 Specs:
- 7.0″ 16M-color PLS TFT capacitive touchscreen of WSVGA resolution (1024 x 600 pixels)
- TI OMAP 4430 chipset: Dual-core 1GHz processor, PowerVR SGX540 GPU
- Android 4.0.3 Ice Cream Sandwich with TouchWiz UX UI
- Optional quad-band GPRS/EDGE and tri-band HSPA connectivity (HSDPA, 21 Mbps; HSUPA, 5.76 Mbps)
- 1GB of RAM, 16GB internal storage, microSD up to 64GB
- 3.2 MP camera, 2048×1536 pixels, geotagging
- VGA front-facing camera
- 720p HD video recording @ 30 fps
- Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n Wi-Fi Direct, dual-band, Wi-Fi hotspot
- Stereo Bluetooth v3.0
- GPS with A-GPS support; digital compass
- Accelerometer and proximity sensor; three-axis Gyroscope sensor
- 4000 mAh Li-Po rechargeable battery
- 3.44 g
- SRP: Php12,990