Sony recently introduced its latest all-in-one desktop PC to the market, the Vaio J (J118). I got to experience it firsthand and I’m quite impressed even for just the short time I’ve tried it. I’m thinking that it has two personalities that can fit a two different lifestyle.
Living Room Media PC
With it’s 21.5″ touch display, it will make a great PC for the living room. The wide full HD screen panel (16:9 ratio) would be perfect to watch your 1080p videos.
Along with the touch functionality, the Vaio J has the Media Gallery which makes it fun for the family to browse photos, music and home videos. Flick, drag and swipe your way to a fun, multimedia experience. You can also store the wireless keyboard beneath the unit for less clutter.
Stylish Yet Powerful Desktop PC
If you’re ready to get down to business, bring out the wireless keyboard and mouse and enjoy the power of the Vaio J.
The Sony Vaio J comes with an Intel Core i5-520M Processor paired with a NVIDIA® GeForce® 310M GPU with CUDAâ„¢ Technology with 512MB video memory. Very decent system for video editing I might say. It also has 4GB of memory (upgradeable to 8GB) and a 500GB SATA hard drive.
It’s one powerful machine that can fit your home office or your living room. Just get an external TV tuner to make it a full media PC which can also record TV shows for you.
- Intel® Coreâ„¢ i5-520M Processor 2.40 GHz with Turbo Boost up to 2.93 GHz
- 21.5″ wide (Full HD: 1920 x 1080) TFT Colour display
- (VAIO Display Plus + Full HD 1080, Touch)
- Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
- 4GB DDR3 SDRAM (upgradeable up to 8 GB)
- 500 GB (Serial ATA, 7200rpm)
- DVD±RW Drive
- NVIDIA® GeForce G310M GPU with CUDAâ„¢ Technology (512 MB DDR3 SDRAM)
- 4 x USB 2.0, Memory Stick slot, Memory card slot
- Bluetooth 2.1, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n
- Webcam (640×480)
- Built-in stereo speakers and monaural microphone
- Weight: 9.8 kg