The 2006 Christmas season is already here and consumers are already feeling the itch to splurge once again on the latest and greatest. With local shops busy promoting 0% interest rates for X months and the influx of new hardware, Its a great time to be a techie (not to mention, having a fat wallet). Here are some of the new stuff available that techies will be drooling over this 2006 holiday season:
1. Nvidia’s 8800GTX – A beast of a GPU. Incredible real world performance, DirectX 10 compliant but with a hefty price tag. I had the pleasure to hold (and eventually test) one these babies via the office and i must say it is so damn fast that playing anything on it will eventually be limited by how fast your cpu and overall system is.
2. Core/Core 2 Duo – Great performance dual core CPU chips.
3. MSI Megabook s420 – Core Duo, X200M, 14.1 display, weighs 2.1 kgs. priced around 40-60K
4. Alienware Area-51 M5550 – Core 2 Duo, 256MB Nvidia 7600, 120GB. 1GB DDR2,weighs 2.9 K. priced around 150-160K.
1. Nintendo Wii – Unique gameplay, cheaper then the PS3 and 360, currently priced from 20-25K
2. Playstation 3 – The next generation of the Sony Playstation Brand, pricey as of the moment hitting 50-60k in some local shops in the metro.
3. Xbox 360 – One year later and the 360 is still going strong, kinks have been ironed out, prices are hovering around 20-30K at the moment.
4. Nintendo DS /DS Lite – the best portable gaming experience with tons of games. price is around 7-9K pesos.
1. Nokia E61 – Dopod and Treo better watch out. SRP is around 20k pesos.
2. Treo 680 – looked good initially but will the hefty 29K pricetag bring it down in the eyes of the consumers?
1. Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (Wii) – Possibly the best Zelda game ever made.
2. Gears of War (Xbox 360) – Move over Halo, There’s a new guy (with a big ass gun) in town.
3. Medieval: Total War 2 (PC) – a prettier and beefier entry into the acclaimed Total War series
4. Elite Beat Agents (DS) – a wacky and terrible addicting rhythm game that originated from Japan
Stay Tuned for more!