Apple has unveiled a new 16-inch Macbook Pro with improved design, thermals, and hardware in tow.
Gone are the days of butterfly keyboards as they have opted for more stable scissor-switch keys. There’s also improved thermal inside the laptop, thanks to a reconfigured heat sink and airflow.
There are now six speakers inside the new laptop, two of which are designed to be force-cancelling to produce better bass and tones. It’s also equipped with Dolby Atmos tech to bring out the best spatial sound in the setup. A three-array microphone setup claims to be at par with USB-powered podcasting microphones, says Apple.
The screen is also significantly larger now than last year’s 15-inch model. It features a 16-inch Retina display with a decent 226 PPI density with P3 wide color and True Tone Technology for color accuracy.
All variants come with either a 9th-gen Intel Core 17 or i9 chip and can be configurable to up to 64GB RAM and up to 8TB storage. An AMD Radeon Pro 5500M can with up to 8GB of GDDR6 memory is also configurable for multimedia rendering.
Prices for the new 16-inch Macbook Pro start at US$2,399 or roughly Php 123,000 when directly converted to local currency. Pre-orders are now underway in the US, with other countries said to be following in the coming weeks.
Apple 16-inch Macbook Pro key specs:
- 16.0-inch Retina display, 3072×1920 resolution, 500 nits, P3 wide color, True Tone Technology
- 2.6GHz 6-core Intel Core i7 / 2.3Ghz octa-core Intel Core i9
- 16GB 2666MHz DDR4 RAM, configurable up to 64GB
- 512GB PCIe-based onboard SSD, configurable up to 8TB
- AMD Radeon Pro 5300M with 4GB of GDDR6 memory, configurable up to 8GB
- Intel UHD Graphics 630
- 4 x Thunderbolt 3
- Headphone jack
- Full-size backlit Magic Keyboard
- Touch Bar and Touch ID
- Force Touch trackpad
- 6-speaker stereo system with Dolby Atmos
- 802.11ac Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 5.0
- MacOS 10.15 Catalina
- 16.3 x 357.88 x 245.87 mm
- 1.95 kg