ASUS recently announced the new, drool-inducing, next-generation ASUS P7F7-E WS SuperComputer motherboard which has specs that would probably make people call it it a “œfatherboard” instead.
Pardon the pun but the specs are just that awesome that it would leave hardcore PC-junkies fantasizing about it. There’s USB 3.0, SATA 6G storage interface and it can accommodate up to four ATI® CrossFireX cards or 3-way/2-way NVIDIA® SLI cards.
It also uses NVIDIA® CUDAâ„¢ parallel computing architecture to support up to a whopping four NVIDIA® Tesla cards with Clarkdale Processors for intensive high-performance computing. Ok you can wet your pants now.
- CPU Socket: 1x LGA1156 socket for Intel® Xeonâ„¢ 3400 series, Coreâ„¢ i7/Coreâ„¢ i5/ Coreâ„¢ i3/Pentium®
- Chipset: Intel® Ibex Peak 3450 Chipset/ Nvidia NF200*1
- Memory: 6 DIMMs, supporting up to 16GB DDR3 2000(O.C.)*/1600/1333MHz.ECC, un-buffered memory
- Expansion Slots: 2x PCIe 2.0 x16 (@ x16 or x8), 2x PCIe 2.0 x16 (@ x8), 3x PCIe x1 (@ x1)
- Multi-GPU: Supports 3-way/2-way NVIDIA® Geforce SLIâ„¢ technology; Supports ATI® CrossFireXâ„¢ technology, up to Quad CrossFireXâ„¢
- CUDA Support: Support up to 4 NVIDIA GPUs; 3x NVIDIA Tesla cards + 1x NVIDIA Quadro fX5800 card up to 960 cores
- Storage: 2x SATA 6Gb/s, 6x SATA 3Gb/s
- Audio: 10-channel output, DTS encoding
- Other I/O ports: 1*PS/2, 1*IEEE1394a, 2*LAN, 6*USB(4 for USB2.0 and 2 for USB3.0, 1*Optical S/PDIF out, 1*DVI-I output port
- Form Factor: ATX Form Factor, 12 inches x 9.6 inches ( 30.5cm x 24.5cm )