For building and construction professionals, Autodesk just announced their Building Design Suite 2014, a comprehensive software portfolio that combines Building Information Modeling (BIM) and CAD tools.
The flexible software access provided by Autodesk Building Design Suite means building design and construction professionals have a broader palette of tools so they can choose the best solution for the job at hand and quickly respond to changing business requirements.
New products in the Building Design Suite include:
- Autodesk ReCap: Available to all users of Autodesk Building Design Suite 2014, Autodesk ReCap allows architects, engineers and contractors to create intelligent 3D data from laser scans and captured photos. Rather than beginning with a blank sheet, Autodesk ReCap now enables any designer, architect or engineer to add, modify, validate and document their design process in context from existing environments.
- Autodesk Raster Design: Powerful raster editing and raster-to-vector conversion tools that help architects, engineers and contractors increase the visual information on a building plan.
- Autodesk InfraWorks 2014 (formerly Autodesk Infrastructure Modeler): Easily create, evaluate and communicate building projects in the context of the broader site”“to help architects and urban planners to gain faster stakeholder buy-in and decision making.
Key Enhancements to the new Building Design Suite include:
- Autodesk Revit 2014 enhancements: Specifically designed for BIM, Autodesk Revit 2014 combines features for architectural design, MEP and structural engineering, as well as for construction. The 2014 release provides enhanced design, analysis and documentation capabilities to improve architectural and engineering workflows. Revit 2014 also includes the newBuilding Element Energy Analysis tool, which provides advanced workflows for energy analysis using detailed Revit models.
- Interoperability enhancements: Enhanced interoperability between technologies allows more effective collaboration, including improvements for IFC, DWF, DWG/DXF and 3D solids. There is also improved interoperability between AutoCAD andRevit, which makes it easier for firms making the transition to BIM.
- New quantification tools in Navisworks Manage and Navisworks Simulate: allow building customers to more easily bring quantities from an aggregated model into a project.
The Building Design Suite 2014 comes in three editions: Standard, Premium, and Ultimate. Details and purchasing options are available at www.autodesk.com/purchaseoptions.