After weeks of speculations and leaks, the monster bezel-less flagship from Chinese tech magnate ZTE has been finally unveiled! Meet the Nubia Z9, a 5.2-inch smartphone sporting no side borders and is powered by Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 810.
The Z9 also features a patented FIT or Frame Interactive Technology which lets users activate gesture-based commands by using the screen’s Arc edge. These can be used in a lot of ways such as answering calls, opening the camera or another application, taking screenshots, or setting your phone’s screen brightness.
Other features include NeoSound 4.0 and a AKM4961 Hi-Fi processor with Dolby 7.1 surround, and a 16-megapixel rear shooter with f/2.0 aperture and Optical Image Stabilization has been enhanced with ZTE’s camera features on the Nubia UI 3.0 with NeoVision 5.1 for an SLR-like performance. There will be three editions available for the device, with the most expensive bearing a fingerprint scanner technology that can be found on its volume and power rockers.
ZTE Nubia Z9 specs
- 5.2-inch 1080p 2.5D Sharp LCD display, 1920×1080, 424ppi
- Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 810 MSM8994
- Three editions:
- Classic/Standard: 3GB RAM, 32GB internal storage
- Elite: 4GB RAM, 64GB internal storage
- Exclusive: 4GB RAM, 64GB internal storage, Fingerprint scanner
- 16MP f/2.0 rear AF camera with OIS, LED Flash and Neovision 5.0
- 8MP front camera
- 4G LTE, 3G HSPA+
- Dual-band Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac with Wi-Fi Direct and DLNA, Bluetooth 4.1 with A2DP, GPS with A-GPS and GLONASS, NFC
- AKM4961 Hi-Fi processor, NeoSound 4.0, Dolby 7.1 surround
- Android 5.0.2 Lollipop with Nubia UI 3.0
- Non-removable Li-Ion 2900mAh battery
- 147.38 x 68.34 x 8.94mm
The “˜Classic’ ZTE Nubia Z9version costs 3499 Yuan or roughly Php 25,150, while the Elite and Exclusive editions will cost you 3999 and 4999 Yuan, or Php 28,750 and Php38,900 respectively.