It’s finally here! For those waiting for the Cherry Mobile Flare X Android 5.1 Lollipop update, we just have the link for you. Cherry Mobile did not provide an over-the-air update though and the file is around 930 MB so it may take some time to download.
You can download the Cherry Mobile Flare X Android 5.1 Lollipop Update on this link.
Flare X Lollipop Update Installation Instructions:
Flare X Lollipop upgrade using SD card
Before proceeding, please prepare the following
a) Flare X (In KitKat version) with a charged battery of at least 50%
b) SD card preferably 8 GB empty ( formatted )
c) MicroUSB cable
d) Computer with Internet connection
1. Download Flare X upgrade here.
2. Insert your SD card to your Flare X.
3. Copy the file (update.zip) to your SD card using a micro USB cable plugged in to your computer.
a. Please do not unzip the file. Just copy and paste it to your SD card.
b. Please make sure that is the only .zip file that is on the SD card ( to be sure have your SD card formatted and delete the folders and files on your SD card except the update.zip ).
4. Turn off your Flare X.
5. When the flare X is turn off, press power button + volume up for 5 seconds. it will appear the select boot mode
6. To navigate, use volume up to scroll up and down and press volume down to confirm
7. Select recovery and an android with an exclamation point will appear
8. Press volume down + power on to proceed in the recovery process
9. Press volume down to scroll up and down and choose the apply update from SD card, and then press volume up.
10. You will see another page and use power down to choose the update.zip and press power up to confirm
11. You can now see the word install/ SD card and just wait for a few minutes while the system is installing the update
12. Once the system is done upgrading you will see in the lower part of the screen “install from SD card complete”.
13. Now you can see the android system recovery then choose the reboot system now by pressing the volume up and once the system is done rebooting, you can now enjoy your Flare X lollipop version. You can also delete the update.zip after the process is done.