And the games have changed! Local smartphone brand Cherry Mobile catches up with the bang-for-the-buck mid-range competition as it took the wraps off its new device called the Flare X at the Overdrive Circuit event today.
It’s said to be a grassroots project from the local smartphone brand, asking for customer feedback during their Animversary Caravan which rolled out in key areas of the country the past month. With that being said, the new smartphone touts to be great with imaging, gaming, social and entertainment aspects of the mobile device with 3GB RAM, 3000mAh battery, and a 5.5-inch full-HD screen.
Cherry Mobile Flare X specs
- 5.5-inch Full HD IPS OGS display, 1920 x 1080, 401ppi
- Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- 1.7GHz 64-bit Octa-core Mediatek MT6752
- 3GB RAM
- 16GB internal storage
- expandable via microSD up to 64GB
- 13MP Sony EXMOR IMX214 rear BSI AF camera with LED Flash
- 5MP front camera
- Dual-SIM (micro), Dual Standby
- 4G LTE, 3G HSPA+
- WiFi, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS with A-GPS, NFC
- Android 4.4 KitKat with OTA updates to Android Lollipop
- 3000mAh removable battery
The Cherry Mobile Flare X will retail both offline on Cherry Mobile’s stores and kiosks, and online at Lazada for Php 6,999 and will be available starting July.
- The Cubix Cube has 13MP camera, 2GB RAM at a sub-Php5k price
- Cherry Mobile showcases new Pyxis accessories