My boss finally let me have it for the whole day. It being the newest release of Fujitsu, the LIFEBOOK P1510. It’s purported to be the world’s lightest convertible at 1 kilo, with a 8.9″ display.
The LIFEBOOK P1510 is a notebook with full Tablet PC functionality. It packs a punch with Intel Centrino Mobile Technology, 1.2GHz Pentium M ultra-low-voltage processor, 512MB of 400MHz RAM, and an 802.11a/b/g wireless radio. High-quality display (WSVGA/1024×600).
“œAnd with its winning combination of Windows® XP Tablet PC Edition 2005 and a passive digitizer you can even use your finger to take notes on its touch screen. Plus, take advantage of outstanding connectivity (WLAN, Bluetooth and modem) and security features including integrated fingerprint sensor and Trusted Platform Module (TPM)”
Check this page for more technical specifications.
- Basically, it can be used like a regular notebook, just that it’s screen swivels and folds down to create a table.
- It’s size/weight makes it a perfect companion on business trips.
- I like the extra security fingerprint sensor feature that TPM provides. Stolen hardware can be replaced but stolen data could be dangerous.
- Connectors (USB and audio) are conveniently located.
- I have small fingers and yet, I still find the keyboard too small.
- No built-in optical drive. It can be bought separately, though.
- Microsoft Windows XP Tablet PC Edition Operating System is not an option. Something greatly lacking if, like me, you got used to being able to customize your tablet pc.
Fujitsu Philippines is located in Legaspi Village, Makati. Check it out. It should be available next month.