Along with the Marathon M5, Gionee took the wraps off its flagship Elife E8, a six-inch phablet touting a QHD AMOLED screen, a fingerprint scanner, and a 24-megapixel rear camera capable of shooting up to 120MP photos. Its body is said to be made of aluminum magnesium alloy, and is powered by Mediatek’s Helio X10 SoC and Android 5.1 Lollipop skinned with the company’s own Amigo UI 3.1 out of the box.
Gionee Elife E8 specs
- 6-inch Quad HD AMOLED display, 2560 x 1440, 544ppi
- 2.0GHz 64-bit Octa-coreMediatek Helio X10 chip (MT6795)
- 3GB RAM
- 64GB internal storage
- expandable via microSD up to 128GB
- 23.7MP rear AF camera with Dual-Tone LED Flash, 1/2.3″ sensor , 6P sensor, OIS, 4K Video recording
- 8MP front-facing camera
- Dual-SIM, Dual Standby, Dual LTE
- 4G LTE, 3G HSPA+
- WiFi 802.11 b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 4.0 with A2DP, USB OTG, NFC, GPS with A-GPS
- NXP Smart PA audio chip, speakers with DTS support
- Android 5.1 Lollipop with AmigoOS 3.1
- 3,520mAh battery
The Gionee Elife E8 will be on sale in China starting July 15 for CNY 3,999 or roughly Php 29,100 a piece.