With Globe’s PostPaid PowerSurf, you can have mobile internet in your hands based on the bandwidth you consume which is perfect if you only need it for updating status in Facebook, checking-in on FourSquare or just using Twitter.
This type of PowerSurf is only available to postpaid subscribers. Validity for all plans is one month and will auto-renew each month unless you turn it off.
|Denomination||Price||MB Allocation||Validity||How to Activate|
|PowerSurf 99||P99||50 MB||30 days||Text POWERSURF 99 to 8888|
Text PSURF 99 to 8888
|PowerSurf 299||P299||300 MB||30 days||Text POWERSURF 299 to 8888|
Text PSURF 299 to 8888
|PowerSurf 499||P499||1 GB||30 days||Text POWERSURF 499 to 8888|
Text PSURF 499 to 8888
This is probably Globe’s response to Smart’s ALWAYS ON plan but for postpaid subscribers only. However, you will find the rate cheaper than that of Smart’s. For example, 1GB from Smart is at P750 while the 250MB is at P300 which is also their lowest monthly offering.
Some important notes about this postpaid PowerSurf.
- When you use up your MB allocation before the month ends, you will be charged for normal rates.
- You will receive a text message when you’re at halfway through your bandwidth consumption and when it’s all used up
- To renew before the month ends, you need to turn the service off and register again
- This plan is not available to prepaid subscribers
- This plan is not available to users already subscribed to BlackBerry plans (e.g. BB MAX, BB SOCIAL, etc.)
- This plan is available until November 15, 2011 (unless Globe decides to make it permanent)
|Online Activity||KB Consumption|
|One pure text email sent||Approximately 20 KB|
|One page of Facebook (with address http://m.facebook.com)||Approximately 25 KB|
|One pure text tweet sent||Approximately 30 KB|
|One page of a Google search result||Approximately 40 KB|
|One-minute YouTube video viewed||Approximately 2 MB|
For me personally I think 50MB is enough for a month. To conserve more bandwidth, make sure that push notification is off and sync set to manual. Head over to Globe’s Postpaid PowerSurf FAQ page to learn more.