With Google Trends, you can compare the world’s interest in your favorite topics. Enter up to five topics and see how often they’ve been searched for on Google over time. Google Trends also displays how frequently your topics have appeared in Google News stories, and which geographic regions have searched for them most often.
Google Trends analyzes a portion of Google web searches to compute how many searches have been done for the terms you enter relative to the total number of searches done on Google over time. We then show you a graph with the results — our search-volume graph.
I poked a little more with GTrends and found out some interesting stuff:
- The Philippines ranked #1 for Friendster and YouTube although search volume for Friendster is more than 10 times that of YouTube.
- We’re #2 with “YM” (but #5 for Yahoo Messenger), #5 for GTalk but nowhere with MSN.
- “Yahoo Mail” still rocks with Filipinos at #2 while HotMail and GMail is no where near.
- The Philippines outranked India and Pakistan for the term “Call Center”.
- Pinoys are fond of the “chatroom” 3rd only to South Africa and Ireland.
- Pinoys are very very interested with “cybersex”, “gay sex” and “abortion”.
What have you discovered with Google Trends on our nation’s interests?