If you’re the type of guy who values sound quality on a multimedia laptop, look no further than the refreshed version of the HP Pavilion dv6.
If other laptops have Harman Kardon powering their audio, the HP Pavilion dv6 has audio technology from the freakishly popular Beats by Dr. Dre. This is an exclusive collaboration with HP to bring you the signature Beats sound profile across HP’s premium notebook. To maximize this feature, the Pavilion dv6 also includes Quad speakers (two in front and two in the rear) to up the listening experience.
The HP Pavilion dv6 doesn’t fall behind on the visual end as well powered by an AMD Radeon HD 6770M discrete graphics with 1GB GDDR5 VRAM. That’s not a typo, it’s really a GDDR5 video memory. Coupled with a 15.6″ HD display, HD movies and gaming will surely be something to look forward to when using this laptop.
The HP CoolSense Technology is also included here which combines advanced hardware and intelligent cooling software for a notebook that feels noticeably cooler. Something you would want from such a powerful notebook.
Not only does the Pavilion dv6 look good and classy with design elements borrowed from their ENVY line, this laptop is also packed with the latest technologies like the Intel Sandy Bridge processor and USB 3.0.
We have no word yet on local pricing but the configuration listed below is going for $999.99 in the US.
* Forgive us for the crummy photos. They don’t do justice to the real beauty of the actual unit.
HP Pavilion dv6 (dv6-6001TX) Specs:
- Genuine Windows 7 Premium OS
- 2nd gen Intel Core i7-2630QM Processor 2.0GHz with Turbo Boost up to 2.9GHz
- AMD Radeon HD 6770M switchable graphics with 1GB GDDR5 VRAM
- 15.6″ HP Brightview LED Display (1366 x 768)
- 4GB DDR3 Memory
- 750GB w/ HP ProtectSmart HD protection
- SuperMulti 8x DVDRW
- 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth
- 2x USB 3.0, 6x USB 2.0, HDMI, VGA, RJ-45
- HP TrueVision HD webcam with integrated digital microphone
- Beats Audio, Quad Speakers, Dolby Home Theater, Altec Lansing speakers
- HP SimplePass Fingerprint Reader
- 6-cell Lithium-ion Battery
- 2.54 kg