For close to two years, iOS users are the only ones enjoying Instagram, an easy to use photo capturing, editing, and sharing app deeply integrated to popular social networks out there.
That’s going to change as Instagram finally made its way to Google Play (previously Android Market) freely available for download to Android users that make up a big chunk of the smartphone market.
Instagram for Android seems to be just a ported app from iOS as it does not fully utilize the Android framework (menu button does nothing). The Tilt-Shift filter for some miniaturized photos is also missing.
Anyway, what you’ll get are the following features:
- 100% free custom designed filters and borders
- Lux works its magic by making your photos more vibrant and brings out details in your photos you couldn’t see before
- Instant sharing to Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, and Foursquare (Flickr coming very soon)
- Interact with friends through giving & receiving likes and comments
- Works with Android versions 2.2 and above that support OpenGL ES 2
- Full front & back camera support
Indeed, Android users can now join in the Instagram fun and this app is going to be one hot download for the next few days.