Picture this home setup, you have 3 LCD TV’s all with DLNA capability. A work PC and a family PC. A couple of laptops and a PS3 for the kids. A file storage device for backup and a printer for the family. You also have a wireless router to share the internet around the house.
What if you could do more with that set up?
The Iomega iConnect Wireless Data Station allows you bring all of your USB storage into your network, allowing you to connect, share and access files anywhere, even over the Internet.
It has no onboard storage, instead allowing users to bring all of their desktop and portable USB storage into their network. Connect the Iomega iConnect device to your router in either a wired or wireless configuration, and it’s as easy as plugging external USB drives or USB Flash drives (any brand) into any of the four USB ports on the Iomega iConnect device, making the drives automatically connected to and accessible from any computer on your network or remotely via the web.
Not only that, you can also enjoy such capabilities as a UPnPâ„¢ DLNA Certified AV Media Server that streams photos, audio content and videos to a variety of media devices; a torrent download manager for managing peer-to-peer file transfers; Time Machine support for Apple users; device-to-device replication for data protection; print serving to the network and much more.
“œThe iConnect Wireless Data Station is a great way to utilize what you already own in a whole new way,” said Jonathan Huberman, president of Iomega and the Consumer and Small Business Products Division of EMC.
Among the many value-add features of the iConnect Wireless Data Station:
- Easy file sharing, data backup and print serving from any networked Windows® PC, Mac® or Linux workstation.
- Gigabit Ethernet and wireless connectivity by connecting directly to your router in either a wired or wireless (802.11b/g/n wireless protocol) configuration.
- Remote access allows you to connect securely from anywhere in the world and get full access to pictures, videos, files – everything stored on the connected USB drives. An added bonus: remotely access and administer the iConnect device through a personalized web address.
- Device-to-device replication for data protection allows you to define a job to copy and/or synchronize files to and from the connected USB drives or any other shared storage on your network. Iomega makes it easy with one-touch copying with the QuikTransfer button on the front of the iConnect device.
- Print Serving with intelligent print sharing capability for up to two USB printers.
- UPnPâ„¢ DLNA Certified AV Media Server provides the ability to stream photos, audio content and videos to a variety of media devices, such as game consoles (Microsoft Xbox 360, Sony PlayStation 3), audio bridges, iTunes players, networked digital picture frames, Iomega ScreenPlay products and more.
- Photo slideshow capabilities with an integrated utility based on the Coolirisâ„¢ technology for quick browsing of pictures stored on the connected USB drives.
- Torrent download manager allows the iConnect device to manage peer-to-peer file transfers without the need of a dedicated PC.
- Picture Transfer Protocol (PTP) provides no touch, automatic transfer of photos from digital cameras via one of the four USB ports on the iConnect device.
The iConnect Wireless Data Station is compatible with Windows, Mac OS, and Linux PCs. Understand how this device works by viewing a short product video here.
Suggested retail price is around Php5,100 ($110).