Kingston recently announced their latest and fastest USB flash drive, the DataTraveler HyperX 3.0. This flash drive is designed for enthusiasts and gamers, and features the fastest speed and largest capacity the storage company has to offer on a flash drive.
The DataTraveler HyperX 3.0 is a USB 3.0 capable flash drive which can give you transfer rates up to 225MB/s read and 135MB/s write. If you want that speed then better invest on a machine that supports USB 3.0. With this speed, you can also work on your project and files directly without having to copy it over to your PC and not experience any performance lag at all.
This flash drive also has the largest capacity the company has to offer. We’re talking about 64GB, 128GB and even 256GB. The secondary drive inside my aging desktop only has 160GB and we’re talking about 256GB on a portable flash drive here. That’s like having 10 Blu-ray discs inside your pocket.
DataTraveler HyperX 3.0 features a metal and rubberized casing with a reinforced key ring hole for daily use. It allows users to keep it with them at all times, as it can be easily attached to a key ring or lanyard. It is also backed by a five-year warranty.
There’s no local availability and pricing for the DataTraveler HyperX 3.0 yet. The distributor is wondering if it would be something us Filipino consumers would be willing to invest in. What do you think?
Kingston DataTraveler HyperX 3.0 Features and Specifications:
- Capacities: 64GB, 128GB, 256GB
- USB 3.0: Up to 225MB/s read and 135MB/s write
- USB 2.0: Up to 30 MB/s read/write
- 8-Channel Architecture
- Backwards Compatible: With USB 2.0 and USB 1.1 ports
- Solid/rugged design: Durable metal and rubberized casing provides increased protection
- ReadyBoost Support
- Dimensions: 2.952″ x 0.916″ x 0.626″ (74.99mm x 23.29mm x 15.9mm)
- Operating Temperature: 32°F to140°F (0°C to60°C)
- Storage Temperature: -4°F to185°F (-20°C to85°C)
- Simple: Just plug into any USB port
- Practical: Durable casing with a solid lanyard loop
- Warranty: 5 years