In an effort to help jumpstart and boost the growth of small professional web development and design companies, Microsoft launched the WebsiteSpark program last week. This initiative allows web professionals access to Microsoft software and solutions along with related tools, training and support providing they meet the requirements.
“œWebsiteSpark will drive innovation in the local Web development industry. Web Pros will be able to benefit from Microsoft marketing and business networking vehicles that will allow them to expand their customer base and increase revenue growth”, said Ed Quek, Web and Client Strategy Lead, Microsoft Asia-Pacific.
Who can join this program?
Web development and design companies having between 1 to 10 employees can participate in the WebsiteSpark program which will be made available for 3 years. It is also required that the company must finish a project within 6 months of joining.
Tools WebsiteSpark offers:
- 3 licenses of Visual Studio 2008 Professional Edition
- 2 licenses of Microsoft Expression Web
- 1 license of Microsoft Expression Studio
- 4 processor licenses for production usage to Windows Web Server 2008 or R2
- 4 processor licenses for production usage to Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Web Edition
How to join?
Web companies can enroll in the program through the WebsiteSpark web site: http://www.microsoft.com/web/websitespark.