Our good friend Abe of Yugatech is in Singapore attending Nokia Connections 2010. He got a first-hand glimpse of the much-awaited Nokia N8.
It is the first Nokia phone to every hit the 12mp-mark for the camera. I don’t know why they’re aiming for higher megapixels on such a small device but maybe there are still lots of people thinking that the more mp the better.
Anyhow, here are the specs of the Nokia N8:
- ARM 11 680MHz processor
- 3.5 inches AMOLED screen @ 360Ã—640 pixels
- 16 GB storage (expandable up to 32GB microsSD)
- 256MB RAM, 512MB ROM
- HSDPA 10.2Mbps, HSUPA 2Mbps
- Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 2.1 w/ A2DP
- 12MP autofocus camera w/ Carl Zeiss optics, Xenon flash
- Symbian ^3 OS
- 3D Graphics HW accelerator
- FM Radio with RDS, FM transmitter
- GPS w/ aGPS support
The Nokia N8 looks more like a portable media player than a phone and it’s a little on the thick side for a touch phone. The processor is not that fast (most flagship phones now feature 1GHz proc) but the graphics accelerator is a huge advantage for playing movies and videos. There’s a lot of high expectation with the Symbian ^3 OS as well.
Do check out Yugatech for more photos and a video of the Nokia N8.