PayMaya announced that it is equipping operators of various modes of mass transportation in the country with advanced end-to-end cashless payment platforms. This is the company’s response to the government’s call for contactless and cashless solution for the transport sector.
PayMaya’s full ecosystem solution covers public transit, transport hubs, gas stations, and delivery services, among others. It is fully in line with the mandate of the Department of Transportation (DOTr) and the Land Transportation Franchising and Regulatory Board (LTFRB) for transportation service providers to accept contactless payments in public transit. This initiative is to limit the spread of the virus causing the COVID-19 disease.
The digital financial services and solutions of PayMaya enables transportation partners to accept contactless payments through card or e-Wallet payments. Transactions can easily be done either inside vehicles, in transportation hubs, or through various digital and mobile channels.
Sectors powered by PayMaya
- Commuters. The commuting public can top-up their beep cards via the PayMaya app. They can also scan-to-pay in PayMaya QR-enabled vehicles. They can even pay using their credit, debit, or prepaid card in transport service providers that have PayMaya terminals.
- Transportation service providers. UBE Express (P2P and Airport shuttle services), hirna and EKR Taxi (taxi services), and Hype (TNVS) can now accept card and QR payments in vehicles or when commuters book through their apps or websites.
- Transit hubs. The Araneta City Bus Port and PayMaya are partners for a few years ago. The two teamed up to offer QR and card payments in the former’s hub and website.
- Petroleum providers. Petron, Shell, SEAOIL, Unioil, Cleanfuel, RePhil, and other major fuel retailers have adopted the PayMaya One all-in-one Point-of-Sale device. Contactless payments in gas stations using card or e-Wallet apps is now available.
- Delivery services. PayMaya helps in processing card transactions for Lalamove and other delivery providers for cashless payments.
- Government agencies. The Land Transportation Office and the Bureau of the Treasury will soon allow cashless payments powered by PayMaya for motor vehicle registrations and renewals through the LTO website.
Additionally, PayMaya is also in talks with air and water transport providers to empower them with cashless payments acceptance as well.
Incentives for riders to use PayMaya
PayMaya encourages delivery riders to use contactless QR payments when they pay for their customer’s orders at merchant stores. They can also use QR when they accept payments from their customers upon delivery. As an extra incentive, PayMaya is giving away a new Honda motorcycle to one of the riders that will use PayMaya QR.
Moreover, when they scan to pay using PayMaya QR in partner merchants, they can get up to 100% cashback for their transactions. Also, when they fuel up at gas stations such as Petron, they can get as much as P5 discount per liter.
To use PayMaya, download the PayMaya app for Android or iOS (https://official.paymaya.com/CAK1/425eb133). Register for an account and start enjoying safe commutes by paying cashless in public transportation.
Transportation providers and companies interested to know more about PayMaya’s solutions for the sector may email email@example.com.