The PHP Users Group of the Philippines (PHPUGPH) is holding their first ever conference on December 1, 2007 at the Crown Regency Hotel in Manila. The event will start at 9 in the morning and will last till 6 in the evening.
A follow up to their very successful April Meetup, the goal of the conference will be:
To spread the news of using OSS solutions such as Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP and some Web 2.0 technologies in wider audiences such as universities and training institutions.
Those interested in joining the conference can register today here. Participants are encouraged to register immediately as slots will be limited. For further updates on the event, please visit the PHPUGPH site.
The conference will have a series of talks given by esteemed members of Philippine PHP Community, some of the talks lined up are:
- PHP and MySQL (Database) by Cherrie Ann Domingo (Multinational Investment Bancorporation)
- Defensive Design (Web Application Design) by AJ Batac (Director of Operations, Webcore Canada)
- IT Trends (Business) by JR Yap (Executive Consultant, MyPortal Exchange Inc.)
- LAMP for Life: The Beginning to Infinity (PHP/MYSQL/APACHE/LINUX) by Edison Go Tan (Head, National Broadcasting Network New Media Division)
- Drupal and Zend Studio (PHP) by Roger Filomeno (Mobile Specialist, TechBiz Asia Group Pte Ltd)
- Mambo Management Basics for Educational/Governenment/Enterprise Sector Applications by Richard Peter Ong, (Core Development Team, Mambo CMS, System Administrator and Software Developer for SysIQ, San Francisco)
- Using AJAX with PHP (PHP) by Reynold E. Lariza (Junior Developer – SimpleSoft Inc.)
- Test Driven Development in PHP: Recap (PHP) by Andre John Cruz (Application Developer, Barclays Singapore)
- Zend Core and Oracle for the Lazy (Database) by Clodelio Delfino (Moderator/PHPUGPH)
- Web Application Security by Eduardo Tongson (Keywest Technologies Corporation, IT Manager)
- Linux advance by Reuben Ravago (OLM Technologies, CEO)
- Google Analytics and other Developer Products by Aileen Apolo (Google Country Consultant, Philippines)
- Startup Product Preview by AJ Batac (Director of Operations, Webcore Canada)
- Website Growing Pains (When you outgrow your website) by Jay De Jesus (Founder TitikFilipino)
- ActiveState -(2) Komodo IDE 4 vouchers and (300) Promotional CDs
- BlueMentals – (1) license for Rapid PHP Editor 2007
- Emurasoft – (1) EmEditor Professional
- ExpressionEngine – (5) ExpressionEngine Licenses
- HTMLAND – (1) H250 Hosting (for 1 Year)
- IDM – Single User License UEStudio 06
- MPSOFTWARE – (10) License of phpDesigner 2008 from MPSOFTWARE
- NuSphere – 60% Discount to all attendees for PhpED Professional
- Techhive – (1) PowerHive Hosting (for 1 Year)
- Zend – (2) License Zend Studio Pro and (15) T-Shirts
For inquiries on how to sponsor the event, contact Cherrie Ann Domingo (chean [_at_] phpugph.com), Anne Michelle Santos (michelle [_at_] phpugph.com) or Clodelio Delfino (clod [_at_] phpugph.com).
PHPUGPH is a non-profit organization established to provide support for LAMP (Linux Apache MySQL PHP) and open-source enthusiasts in the Philippines. They have been online and thriving since 2001.