During the recent BlackBerry World 2011, Research In Motion (RIM) announced two new exciting phone upgrade for the BlackBerry Bold, the Bold Touch 9900 and Bold Touch 9930.
From the name alone, you would’ve guessed that the 9900 and 9930 are the touch-version of the BlackBerry Bold. They have a slightly larger screen size as the previous Bold at 2.8-inch with a higher-resolution capacitive touch display on a slimmer body. Yup, the sexy BlackBerry Bold just got sexier with the Bold Touch 9900 and Bold Touch 9930.
These two new BlackBerries also come with interesting upgrades like a more powerful 1.2GHz processor, 768MB RAM, and a respectable 5 megapixel camera with flash that can do 720p HD video recording. It is also equipped with the latest BlackBerry 7 OS which won’t roll down to previous BlackBerry phones including the Torch. Must be quite an OS upgrade to force RIM to hit the 1GHz processor mark on their phones.
BlackBerry Bold Touch 9900 and Bold Touch 9930 Specs:
- 2.8″³ capacitive touch screen display ““ VGA (640Ã—480), 287 PPI resolution
- Full, wide QWERTY keyboard, optical trackpad
- BlackBerry 7 OS
- 1.2 GHz Processor, 768 MB RAM
- 8 GB on-board memory, plus microSD slot supporting up to 32 GB cards
- 5.0 MP camera with flash, supports 720p HD video recording
- Orientation Sensor (Accelerometer), Digital Compass (Magnetometer), Proximity Sensor
- Built-in GPS / aGPS
- Dual-Band Wi-Fi® ““ 802.11 b/g/n at 2.4 GHz and 802.11 a/n at 5 GHz
- Bluetooth® 2.1+EDR support
- 1230 mAh removable, rechargeable battery
- 115 x 66 x 10.5 mm, approximately 130 g
Wireless Network support:
- BlackBerry Bold 9900: Tri-Band HSPA+, Quad-Band GSM/EDGE
- BlackBerry Bold 9930 smartphone: Dual-Band CDMA/EVDO Rev A, Dual-Band HSPA+, Quad-Band GSM/EDGE